It didnít take the industrious pioneers of this part of the South Platte River valley long to organize. First settled in 1862, a mere ten years later Richard Little platted his land into the village of Littleton. That same year, local Masons received a charter from the Grand Lodge of Colorado for its own Lodge. To be named Weston Lodge, after Allyn Weston, the second Grand Master of Masons in Colorado and one of the founders of Central City, it was the 22nd Lodge in the Territory. The first meeting of Weston Lodge was held April 8, 1872, on the second floor of the general store owned by Julius Hill, at the intersection of Rapp St. and Bowles Ave. The Masons continued to meet above the general store for many years, as did the town council in 1890-1, the Methodists, Catholics, Christian Scientists and Odd Fellows, as well as innumerable dances -- for years it was the largest room in town. The Masons moved to their own Lodge on August 20, 1921. An Arapahoe Chapter of the Order of De Molay for boys was begun in 1925, followed in 1929 with an Order of Rainbow for Girls. The International Order of Job's Daughters, Bethal #33 was Instituted January 16, 1961, and it's constitution was granted on April 17, 1961.
To learn more click on: City of Littleton's Historic Landmarks